Today was much cooler! I was able to get outside and start dyeing some fibre again.
I was excited to be able to mordant some combed top and some yarn. I found these wonderful lingerie bags to put my 100% Polwarth and Blue faced Leicester in. The orange tape was inserted in one bag to keep track of fibre blend: this is Polwarth.
I opened two extracts; one weld and the other Kamala. I had to simmer the extracts for an hour at 180F for an hour then strain the dye solution.
Watch the video below and look at the colours the extracts produced! Now they will sit overnight and then I will squeeze out the combed top and hang it outside to dry. I also went to my garden and picked my first batch of indigo leaves. I can’t wait to show you what I do with these!
Thanks for watching,