Lupin Dyed Fibre Results

Results Are In!

Results Are In!

Fibre is dry and braided into mini braids. I couldn’t be happier with the results. The star of the show still is that yellow! I love the colours, from a slight peach to buttery yellow to light gray and a warm light tan.

The modifiers I used were iron, cream of tartar, soda ash, and citric acid (not in that order). I used 10% weight of fibre for my alum mordant and 2% to 10% on modifiers. My weight of lupin leaves was very minimal and not weighed.

Hand dyed with Lupin Leaves
Lupin and Modifiers

I would say this is a win! I will add these to my collection of combed top experiments for now and spin with them this winter when I’m craving colours from my garden.

Cheers

Keli

Author: Keli

I teach people how to use a support spindle and how to dye fibre with plants from my garden.

2 thoughts on “Lupin Dyed Fibre Results”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: